Make This: Northern Maverick Brewing Co's Smoked Old Fashioned
Build this smoky tipple, created with a mix of spices and maple syrup, in time for World Whisky Day.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 0 minutes
- Hickory wood chips
- 2oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey
- 0.5oz spiced maple syrup (maple syrup, all-spice, cinnamon, cloves, water)
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 orange
- Torch 3-5 pieces of hickory wood chips; cover the smoking chips with a rocks glass. In a tall mixing glass, mix bourbon whiskey, spiced maple syrup and bitters. Add ice and stir.
- Strain over fresh ice in the smoked glass. Garnish with an orange twist.