Make this: The Robert Morris Inn's Maryland crab cakes
October is National Seafood Month – celebrate with this recipe for crispy Maryland-style crab cakes from chef Mark Salter of the Robert Morris Inn.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- ⅓ cup heavy duty mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp chopped tarragon
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- zest from half a lemon
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup + 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs to dip finished crab cakes
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest and egg.
- Fold in crab meat and bread crumbs and let rest for 1 hour before shaping into 5 ½ ounce cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Dip shaped crab cake in panko bread crumbs on both sides.
- Sauté in olive oil until crisp on both sides. Finish in the oven for 7-10 minutes.