Make this: Chef Dale MacKay's avocado-lime-cumin devilled eggs recipe
On October 9th, celebrate World Egg Day with this savoury and spicy devilled eggs recipe from Top Chef Canada winner Dale MacKay.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 4 eggs
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- ⅛ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- Place eggs in the bottom of a pot so they all lay flat. Cover with water 2 inches above the eggs. Place on medium-high heat.
- Once it comes to a soft boil, cover and lower heat for 1 minute. After a minute, remove from heat and let sit for 14 minutes.
- Place under cold water and let run for 1 minute.
- Peel eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a medium sized bowl with all other ingredients, except for the paprika and cilantro. Whip ingredients together with a whisk until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Put mix in a piping bag with a star tip or a tip of your choice. Pipe mixture into your 8 egg white halves. Dust with paprika and cilantro. Serve immediately after you build them.