Make this: Frozen sparkling vanilla cherry bourbon
The flavours of our childhoods with a boozy twist? Yes, please. Cherries, vanilla-cherry soda and bourbon make for a sophisticated yet nostalgic grown-up slushy.
Preparation time 10 minutes
- 2½ oz bourbon
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 2 cans PC Vanilla Cherry Soda Flavour Sparkling Water
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Pour bourbon, lime juice and maple syrup into blender. Add ice and frozen cherries. Pulse 2 or 3 times, until mixture begins to come together, then blend until smooth.
- Transfer to large pitcher. Slowly pour in both cans of sparkling water; stir gently just to combine.
- If using, garnish with mint and lime wedges.
Try this: No blender? Thaw the cherries and use a muddler or back of a wooden spoon to mash them in the bottom of a pitcher with the lime juice and maple syrup. Top with bourbon, ice and sparkling water and stir gently just to combine.