Make This: Macho Radio Bar's Breakfast Flatbread
With two kinds of cheese, savoury braised short ribs, and a sprinkling of spicy jalapenos, this breakfast flatbread from Macho Radio Bar also makes a tempting lunch, dinner, or late night snack.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 150 g flatbread dough (or pizza dough)
- 60 g refried beans
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g shredded mozzarella
- 20 g iceberg lettuce, cut into a chiffonade
- 10 g pickled onions
- 20 g salsa roja
- 50 g braised short rib
- 10 g cilantro
- 5 g shaved jalapeno
- 20 g cotija cheese
- 4 slices avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stretch flatbread dough as thin as possible, (it's easiest to do this on a cutting board sprinkled with flour) and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread refried beans and mozzarella cheese on top of dough, leaving about ½ inch of crust. Add egg yolks and braised short rib on top.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Remove pizza once dough rises and egg yolks are still runny (timing depends on your oven, but this should take about 5-10 minutes).
- Drizzle salsa roja in a zig zag motion across flatbread. Place chiffonade iceberg lettuce around crust. Top with sliced avocado, shaved jalapenos, crumbled cotija cheese, pickled onions and cilantro.
Place flatbread on a large plate and enjoy with friends and family!