Chef Charlotte Langley's take on the TikTok-famous "Tunacado" sandwich
Co-founder of Scout, chef Charlotte Langley shares her recipe for the viral lunchtime fave "Tunacado" sandwich inspired by Joe and The Juice.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 1 minute
- 1 tin of Scout Tuna Garden Pesto
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
- 4–6 pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup aioli
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Mix the tuna garden pesto with the aioli until it reaches a very smooth texture, almost like tonnato sauce.
- On your flatbread, spread the avocado slices evenly so you get some in each bite.
- Add sliced tomatoes and pickled jalapenos.
- Smear tuna on the other side, and for a fun twist on the Tunacado, drizzle a little hot sauce of your choice.
- Press together and griddle in a panini press until super crispy and toasted.
- Wrap in parchment paper and enjoy!