Get a fresh start with this riceberry and lavender breakfast bowl recipe
Considered a superfood, riceberry rice is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Try it in this healthy breakfast bowl recipe with fresh berries and Greek yogurt.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 3 Tbsp riceberry rice
- 2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tsp agave
- ½ cup + ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup + ¼ cup berries
- Slivered almonds and shaved coconut, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the riceberry rice, baking powder, milk, agave and lavender.
- Add ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt (reserving ¼ for garnish) and ½ cup of berries (reserving ¼ cup for garnish) and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe bowl and bake for 35–40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir and transfer into serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining yogurt, berries and slivered almonds/shaved coconut mixture, and enjoy!