In the greatest plot twist since Bruce Willis being dead at the end of Sixth Sense, the woesome lockdown measures have actually brought us something wonderful: alcohol. (In addition to safety and all that other good stuff.) No, we're not talking about the regular old LCBO shtick, but booze brought directly to your doorstep.
Restaurants, bars, retailers and alcohol producers of all kinds have had to pivot to keep their businesses alive during quarantine. From DIY cocktail kits that come with your spirit of choice and all the trimmings, to curated wine boxes and beer bundles, here are all the takeout and delivery options we're thirsty for.
- Lifford Wine & Spirits has an incredible portfolio of world-renowned wines and spirits hailing from all over the globe, from South Africa to Argentina. They're currently offering free contactless delivery across the GTA. Shop their site here.
- Brewer Eats is your one stop (online) shop for craft beer and cider. Mix and match to make up your own case of 12, 24 or 36 (or any denomination of 12).
- Ace Hill and Dog & Bear have teamed up to bring us the BODEGA, a delivery service for Ace Hill's beer, radlers and vodka sodas, and a curated collection of wine. Minimum $50 order, $5 delivery fee.
Bars and restaurants
- Mahjong Bar and Bar Mordecai have created a menu of cocktail and meal kits. Order by emailing email@example.com.
- From the bartenders behind Supernova Ballroom, Dolly Trolley Drinks, a cocktail kit delivery service that provides you with all the ingredients you'll need, including high quality mixers and your spirit of choice. Deliveries go out on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Minimum $40 oder, $5-10 delivery across Toronto.
- Project Gigglewater's cheeky concoctions are available for delivery. Minimum order $50, free delivery within their zone, order through Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did we miss you?
Get in touch and we'll add your business to the list. Contact email@example.com or direct message us on Instagram: @foodismto
- The holy trinity of La Palma, Constantine and the Mercatto restaurants have gathered together to bring us the gift of online wine shop Mercatto del Vino.
- Cocktail bar Civil Liberties quickly pivoted to an online store selling cocktail kits, liqueur, sherry and wine.
- Craft Beer Market's wide selection of brews, ciders and ready-to-drink cans (White Claw anyone?) are available for pick up or delivery on Doordash and UberEats.
- Salty Paloma is selling more than their signature rimer. Shop all-inclusive cocktail kits here.
- The Beer Store is offering delivery through their programme BeerXpress.
- Great Lakes Brewery is delivering to customers in the GTA when you order $50 or more. Order by 11 a.m. for same day delivery.
- Northern Maverick's homemade specialties like buttermilk fried chicken and the Maverick Burger are available for takeout and delivery between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. daily. Their bottle-shop (open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.) will also sell house-cured charcuterie items, local cheeses, and Executive Chef Dahl’s new hot sauce.
- Bandit Brewery is offering local deliveries (Postal Codes M4-M8) with free deliveries on orders of $50+, or a $10 flat rate for smaller orders. Same day delivery is available 7 days a week if the order is received before 11 a.m. – next-day delivery for orders after 11 a.m.
- Birroteca's bottle-shop inside Eataly will remain open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Burdock is hitting the road with same or next day deliveries to the downtown core (post codes M2-M9). Free shipping on full cases.
- Henderson Brewing's bottle-shop is open every day from 10 am to 10 pm.
- Collective Arts is now offering doorstep delivery for orders over $50 ($4.99 shipping).
Wineries and wine box subscription services
- Great Estates Niagara is offering free shipping on all orders on six bottles or more of Jackson-Triggs, Inniskillin and Arterra Fine Wines.
- Trail Estate Winery is offering free delivery in Toronto for six or more bottles.
- Drink Better Wine and Spirits is offering free delivery in the GTA (firstname.lastname@example.org or 647 534 6362).
- Wine agency, Noble Estates is now offering free delivery within the GTA.
- Tre Amici Imports is now offering free, contactless home deliveries and 10 per cent off all wine case orders (12 bottles).
- The Charlie’s Burgers Wine Program delivers two to six bottles of exceptional wine to members every month.
- My Wine Canada is designed with lovers of local wine in mind, offering subscription boxes of Canadian-made wine.
- Billing itself as the largest monthly wine club in Canada, Calgary-based service WineCollective offers selections for different budgets (and various rates of wine consumption).
- The Grange of Prince Edward County, is now offering free shipping on their curated wine bundles.
- Reid's Distillery now has a number of gin cocktail kits. Contactless pickup and free delivery is available, plus there's no minimum order and they'll throw ice in for free.
- Dillon's has their whole collection available for delivery or contactless pickup, from gin and vodka to bitters and even cocktail kits.